Sunday, March 07, 2004

RUN FORREST!!

What a perfect day it was today. Sunny and hot, the climate was right for a walk on the Santa Monica Pier, a stroll down Larchmont, a day at the park...and a marathon! I would like to take a moment to give a big, huge congratulations to Ate Tin-Tin, Annie, Leia, Fantone and Jeff for finishing the LA Marathon!!!! Joined by Cile, Tommy, Andrew, Gwen and Joe (DeLos not mama), I stood in front of St. Brendan Church observing in woderment as thousands of people walked, jogged and ran through mile 21! In all the years I've been an LA resident, I've never once sat/stood along the marathon route. 26 MILES!!! Holy Lord! I do 15 minutes on the treadmill and I'm sore as hell! Mucho pride for these five friends of mine! Perhaps next year we'll join you!...Or stand by and wait to give you Gatorade...whichever...

No comments: