Thursday, March 11, 2004

"911 - emergency response..."

Someone I know is trained to take action upon these very words. My cousin Matt, who left me for dead in a closet when we were 5 years old, has just been hired by AMR (American Medical Response) as an EMT!! (Ironic, isn't it?) I'm so proud of you, Matt! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear all your 12-hour shift stories and of course meet all your hot co-workers (do they all really look like the guys in Third Watch?)!! Good for you, cuz!

This blessed event couldn't have come at more opportune time, as Cile and I had another one of our "talks" last night about people's futures and ambitions. I was saying how proud I was to know such goal-oriented people, such as herself, who have gone out there and attained what they set out to attain. I told her how I've become a lot less unhappy lately but am still completely confused as to where life is leading me. Now that I know how much my parents need me to help support my sister's high school education (She got accepted into Providence High School by the way. YOU GO TIN!), I feel the need to search for a better-paying job above all else; above what I think I'd like to pursue. This now worries me. Can I find a good job I will be paid sufficiently for AND be happy working at? Or am I trapped in this "settling" state of mind? Upon this dilemma, I receive this. Check out what my horoscope for Thursday says:

AQUARIUS: >>Thursday, March 11

The Sun is at odds with Pluto, the planet of transformation, reminding yet again that money can't buy happiness or fundamental contentment - but that you can't eat love, either. However: Somewhere there's a happy medium between your creativity and your bank account, and it's a reasonable bet that if you look for it, you'll locate it.
Today's star rating: ***

I guess this answers my question, doesn't it? If I look for it, I will find it; whatever IT is. As much as I hate walking forward without knowing where I'm going, I'm gonna have to have some faith that there's something right out there for me; whether it's working for the state, working for a non-profit organization, getting my MBA, planning people's weddings...or something completely beyond what I expect I can do.

Bottom line: I'm inspired everyday by other people's accomplishments. Matt, you're my source of inspiration today. That's my cousin, Matt, the EMT.

No comments: