Wednesday, March 10, 2004

MORE BIRTHDAYS!!

Happy 26th Birthday Edween!!! And Happy 27th Birthday to my cousin in Cincinnati, Ohio, Chrissy!!!

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA DREAMIN’

I was driving home from Cile’s house on Sunday and I just have to say that it dawned on me how much I love living here in Southern Cali, LA mostly. (I habitate in Glendale but LA is like a 2 minute drive) Yes, I can totally picture myself living in San Francisco or San Diego, and of course I wouldn’t mind having an apartment overlooking the Washington Monument in DC, but something about living around LA makes me smile.

Cile, Tommy and I drove to McDonald’s somewhere in Hollywood on Sunday afternoon and Tommy saw someone dancing on the sidewalk by herself and Tommy was like, “Damn, LA has so many weird people in it” and it totally made Cile and me laugh cuz it’s so true. Weird, of course, being in the eye of the beholder, but you know what I mean. Anyhow, I saw the HOLLYWOOD sign so clearly in the distance and I said “wow” to myself. What a landmark to live by!

After we watched Ate, Leia, Fantone, Annie and Jeff walk by in the marathon, Cile, Gwen, Joe, Andrew, Tommy and I hung out in Cile’s yard for half an hour and then headed off for an afternoon stroll down Larchmont. Cile sipped on some Jamba juice, Andrew enjoyed a sandwich from Starbucks along with Tommy, who I believe had a mocha latte, and I had a vanilla latte w/ soy milk from the Coffee Bean across the street. We just hung out there for no longer than an hour and then headed back to Cile's house. And on the way to car, guess who I saw? NIA VARDALOS AND IAN GOMEZ! The lady from MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING and Javier from Felicity (her husband!). I know that a couple of years ago, JaJa saw Julia Roberts and Benjamin Bratt sitting at a restaurant on Larchmont too!

We don’t rub elbows with celebrities on a daily basis or anything, but when you live in LA, running into them is no rarity. THEY’RE ALL OVER THE PLACE!…if you have a keen eye for them. But other than celebrity sightings, southern cali screams delight! We’ve got everything here, don’t we? The beaches combed over with great-looking California hotties; Hollywood, the mecca of film-making; In-N-Out!; the Lakers (who still have a fighting chance so please keep hope alive!); the Grove and Farmer’s Market where you can eat every kind of food possible; Disneyland and so much more I can’t even begin to talk of right now. If you haven’t had a chance to hang out here, COME OVER and we'll do lunch!

No comments: