Monday, April 24, 2006

nuisance ['nyü-s&n(t)s]
one that is inconvenient, annoying, or vexatious; a bother
Synonyms include: annoyance, bother, bummer, headache, inconvenience, infliction, irritation, pain,

I had such a great day today. I got up extra early to take Tin to morning weight training, and arrived in Thousands Oaks at 7:00 am. Since I had time to kill, I went to STARBUCKS and treated myself to a venti iced vanilla latte with soy and my favorite type of bread: a croissant. That thing kept me wide awake all day. NOT ONCE did I nod off like I usually do in the afternoon. I was really busy too though, so I'm sure that helped me out.

Plus, Barbara was out today and Kirsten went home early because she felt sick so I was left by myself to finish things they left for me to do without them to call on. I had to run some month end reports too and I ACTUALLY BALANCED THE FIRST TIME! Last month I had to run the reports literally 12 times because the numbers weren't adding up, and today I was scared because I didn't have Barbara to help me. But I BALANCED! Yay Anna!

Looking forward to an evening of yoga after such a productive day, I didn't think this day could get any better. It didn't get better. It got bad. Before I left for the gym, my dad came upstairs from the garage and asked if I'd gotten into an accident. Accident? Why? There is a huge dent on my left rear bumper. It looks like someone just decked it. WHAT....THE...HECK! So, first my car gets viciously keyed and just when I planned to get that fixed, THIS HAPPENS?

I seriously kept myself from crying after I saw it. I realize that I can't do anything about it now, but I'm just so annoyed. I know it could've been worse; I could've been in a bad accident, etc. but there are just times I have to ask why, that's all. Am I being punished? Is someone trying to get back at me? Am I being taught some kind of lesson that I have yet to understand? Life's just unfair sometimes I suppose.

What a freakin' buzz-killer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i feel ya anna. i spent all day yesterday @ sears tire center. Not one, but two of my tires got punctured by nails! wtf! ish happens i guess!