Tuesday, March 29, 2005

STAT!

So I just told ya’ll that Grey’s Anatomy has been added to my short list of must-see tv shows. I think I’m going to add another one on, HOUSE, M.D. on Fox which airs right after American Idol.

So, ER, Grey’s Anatomy and now House, M.D.? What is it exactly that draws me in to these medical dramas? What fascinates me so? Maybe the reason lies in a childhood vision of adulthood I had, when I thought I’d be wearing a white coat and stethoscope to work everyday. Maybe it’s because I was surrounded by doctors as a little girl. Aunts, uncles, cousins, etc all seemed to either be neck-deep in their medical careers or headed just that way. It’s funny how a 5-year old can go from “I wanna be a doctor when I grow up” to “I wanna be a published writer someday,” 22 years later. What the heck?

Or MAYBE, it’s an opportunity to have a peak at a world that’s foreign to my scope of knowledge; opportunities which I also find in CSI, West Wing and even LOST. All these shows bring me into this alternate universe of my life where I can conjure up the most detailed experiences in my head. I imagine myself in scrubs, running around the emergency room during a trauma; I can see myself giving a few test tubes of DNA a spin in the centrifuge to help nab a serial killer; Oh look! There I am doing a press conference for the POTUS (President Of The United States)…OH MAN I’M ON A DESERTED ISLAND AND THERE’S A STRANGE CREATURE CHASING AFTER ME! hahaha…

Hmmmm…THERE'S a story waiting to be told. I better go write it down…

No comments: