Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Getting to know...

STACY VEE CONCEPCION DIONISIO aka STACY
Vitals: Met when I was a big bad 4th grader and she was a tiny 3rd grader at wonderful St. Francis of Assisi elementary school = 17 years and counting
Role In My Life: Super Mommy – Stacy calls me “Modder” as in “mother” because I used to call her my daughter when we were younger and I guess I kinda took her under my wing. In actuality, SHE’S the real mom, taking on more than one can imagine for someone so young. She graduated from high school (we have the same alma mater – GOOO IMAC!), then undergrad and soon pharmacy school, all the while raising her daughter, and mine and Iya’s inaanak, Kayla. How does she do it?
Good Times: For SOME reason, which we will always wonder about, Stacy and I used to exchange song lyrics during lunchtime that year that we met. Random songs like Belinda Carlisle’s “Circles in the Sand” or Debbie Gibson and Tiffany tunes. Why the heck?! But one of my favorite memories is the surprise party Stacy, Iya and some of our other friends threw for me at the end of our 7th grade year. It wasn’t for my birthday, but because I won for president for the next school year! I was so suspicious because they were all acting so weird every second after that last day of school trying to keep everything a surprise, and they succeeded because I was shocked! I think the “planning committee” almost got in trouble with Mrs. V, our 7th grade teacher, because the guestlist got all political. Aaaw I’m never gonna forget that!
In her own words: Actually, Stacy’s a lady of very few words. If she’s not sitting there listening and smiling, she’s usually asleep, wherever she is. Borderline narcoleptic, I’m telling you! Especially during movies, no matter what time of the day we watch! There are certain words and phrases though that will wake her up. Words like, “Let’s go shopping!” will almost always do the trick.

No comments: