Monday, January 17, 2005

NOTHING BUT NET

“I’m a baller…” I don’t know all the lyrics but I can hear the tune in my head. You know what song I’m talking about right? By Chingy? Anyhow, every time I hear that song I always think of my sister. I’m sure you’ve all heard me talk about her baller skills. The frosh/soph team she’s part of this year is soooo money! I love watching them play and this weekend was certainly no exception. The Providence Pioneers played their cross-town rivals, Bell-Jeff. Cross-town literally cuz they’re both from Burbank. Ha ha ha…

Anyhow, my sister’s been talking about this game since she got on the team in October. Her eyes get all squinty at the very mention of Bell-Jeff (she almost attended that school too). It always reminds me of how much we hated OUR rivals, Marlborough High School. I think it’s so funny how long rivalries carry themselves out.


Anyhow, they played so excellently and it was Tin’s best game. Early in the 3rd quarter she swished a 3-pointer which extended their lead to 39-26. Tin is reminiscent of Robert Horry. She doesn’t play the maximum minutes and she’s not the team scorer, but when she does get on the court, she’s all about it! Givin’ some D over here, chasing down the opposition like crazy over there, and then every so often hitting some key shots. I’m all proud and excited when I’m sitting on the bleachers watching her. Maybe because I never experienced that kind of pride before, being part of a great team. I mean, I loved cheerleading but people didn’t come to the basketball and volleyball games to watch the cheerleaders cheer (unless we were the Rancho Carne Toros of course, but no, we were IHHS Pandas), but we didn’t compete much and that’s what I think I missed out on. So watching Tin kinda fills in that feeling for me. Talk about living vicariously through your little sister!

No comments: