Thursday, January 13, 2005

“JOY!…AND PAIN!…SUNSHINE!…AND RAIN!”…Rob Base

So I left Burbank on a rainy Saturday morning and landed in beautiful and sunny Phoenix, AZ in the afternoon. I got to drive around Scottsdale, Tempe and Phoenix with two of my favorite aunts and got to roam around with some of my favorite galpals (and their boyfriends) in the world. I watched the Rock ‘n Roll marathon from the sidelines, marveling at literally each and every marathoner who passed me by, amazed at their resilience (Hooray for Fantone & my Tita Cecile!!!). It was a wonderful weekend cut much too short.

Sunday night’s return was not so cheerful, with the water, again, bashing everything that came in its way, spreading worry and stress to everyone who came in its paths. It’s hard to ignore such calamity when it’s standing right there in front of you and you often wonder why and how it happens, or sometimes you just hope it goes away. Rain will do that to you.

But now the sun is finally shining and for how long, no one really cares right? As long as we’ve been reminded that it comes eventually no matter how dark and gloomy the skies are, no matter hard the rain falls and no matter how hopeless it all gets, dark days don’t last forever.

This weather has sure paralleled my life lately, in more aspects than one; showers of uncertainty fell gently upon my face and were quickly followed by the harshness of doubt and paranoia. But then those clouds of shadowy fear part eventually, and I’m left with glowing rays of assurance and the promise of better days ahead. We always hope that the sunny days far outlast the gloomy ones. But seeing dark clouds can always bring the comfort of knowing what follows thereafter: a windy day, sweeping out the sky's impurities into oblivion and we’re left with nothing but blue.

No comments: