Tuesday, January 04, 2005


28 YEARS AND COUNTING...

January 2, 2005 marked my parents’ 28th wedding anniversary. Having known them for 26 (almost 27 eeeks!) of those years, I’ve realize what a testament they are to the dynamic of true love and marriage. My mom and dad are your typical married couple, having raised 2 daughters and have been working since I can remember in order to maintain our comfortable, yet modest lives. We’re not a wealthy family who dwell in a Cribs-worthy mansion in Bel-Aire, with our loaded Mercedes M-class and Lexus parked in the garage. We live in a 2-bedroom townhome in Glendale across the street from the mall; my dad drives a Toyota Sienna and I drive a Rav-4 (whose spare-tire cover has been replaced, thanks very much).

No we’re not wealthy with material things. But I feel very blessed to be rich in so many other aspects that cost more than any million dollars could ever buy. Mom & Dad are two of those blessings. In this day in age, for any two people to be married as long as they have is a real feat and I’m happy to be a firsthand witness to the real life that develops the day AFTER the wedding. I hope one day we can be as fortunate as my mom and dad, to find a light one day, and make it shine their whole lives through.
Posted by Hello

No comments: