Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Getting to know...

DAPHNE MAY TAM aka Pumpkin/Dumpling/DAFFEE
Vitals: Met our freshman year at Immaculate Heart High School – 2nd period World Civ I = 13 years and counting
Role In My Life: Not So Serious Smarty – Daphne, our favorite Stanford University alum, is one smart girl. I’m not exaggerating when I say that her SAT scores can match anyone out there who thinks they’re a genius. When she got her acceptance into what’s considered the Ivy League institution of the West, she withdrew her applications to, get this, Yale and Harvard. Now she’s at UCLA getting her law degree. Talking to her, you’d never think she’d rival any one of those overachieving clowns on the Apprentice because she doesn’t flaunt her resume at you. All of us know she could take any one of them. I have the best time with this girl because she’s as silly and playful as she is clever and determined and I’m so happy to know her.
Good Times: Daphne was one of my afterschool buddies. If I didn’t have cheerleading practice, we’d do our homework in the library and then just hang around campus talking until our dads came to pick us up. There was a bench under a tree where we always used to hang out and leave our stuff whenever we had to, and one day after school, we left our backpacks there, along with my favorite v-neck pullover too. As we made our way down the stairs from the auditorium, we saw a squirrel on the same bench chewing on something – CHEWING ON MY FAVORITE V-NECK SWEATER! I was horrified and Daphne was standing there with me just cracking up! Thanks Daffee!
In her own words: “Oh Annannannanna...my little babushka!"

No comments: