Monday, May 31, 2004

Getting to know...

THOMAS CLAUDE CARAGUE aka OH TOMMY
Vitals: Met our junior year at UCI at a Kababayan peer mentor retreat in 1998. There were 30 of us in a small cabin-like hotel room mapping out plans for the school year. Very soon after that, he swept Cile off her feet and next thing you know, we’re friends – 6 years and counting
Role In My Life: History/Science Fiction/Weapons/Cecile Lover – I don’t know anyone else like Tommy. I don’t know anyone who can watch the History Channel all day, post weaponry on his blog, read science fiction books and then have a heated argument with his girlfriend about what it would be like if wizards and such ruled the world. One night Cile came home from Tommy’s apartment laughing because apparently they had had an argument over…Kosovo! My first impression of Tommy was that A) He’s a smart guy, competitive (characteristic of an only child I think) B) Oh my God, he’s here to take Cile away from me!!!! Ha ha ha…
Good Times: On our last school dinner in Cambridge, Tommy overdid it on the port (this really sweet red wine) and, sadly, could not join the rest of us for the after-dinner festivities BECAUSE he was sitting by the toilet throwing up (Cile has proof of this)…And then, last year in Hawaii, we went to Sunset Beach to watch the sun set and Tommy was digging in the sand. I thought he was looking for something. Moments later I saw that he had strategically dug himself a recliner in the sand. Oh Tommy! You freakin’ crack me up!
In his own words: “Peklats…sounds like something you could buy at a store. Like, ‘Dad, we’re out of peklats!’”

No comments: