Monday, May 24, 2004

Getting to know...

ANDREW ALCALA BOQUIREN aka DREW/ANDY (Actually I don’t call him ANY of those names, but others do. He’s just Andrew to me)
Vitals: Met our sophomore year at UCI. We did a dance for PCN called pasigin, where the chicks were fish and guys were fishermen = 7 years and counting
Role In My Life: Name Brand Whore…ha ha ha…I’m just kidding (Even though he admits to it!). To me, Andrew is a Model of Focus and Dedication – He is an all-around great guy who everyone loves. He's not only fun to be around, but he’s also goal-oriented as hell. He took classes while working full-time to satisfy requirements for architecture school. And then during this past year, his first year at the Southern California Institute of Architecture (aka SCIARC), he got up at the crack of dawn (literally) so he could go to campus early and work on his projects. All that hard work AND he still makes time to hang out with his family and friends (by appointment of course. Gotta pencil all of us into his planner, that’s how busy he is!)!
Good Times: Oh gosh, Andrew and I have a million and one inside jokes cuz of everything we’ve done together! Like when he offered to help me cook dinner at the apartment and said I could stir the soup (Who the heck are you, my mom? And what am I, 6 years old?!)…Or our late study nights with Leia and Jean at the Main Library in Irvine when we hardly did any studying…how about when we were walking through the “Chinatown” in London and this Kosovan little beggar girl was all hanging on Andrew’s bag asking for money (I think. She and her mom didn’t speak any English) and he (along with Cile, Fantone, Tommy and I) were all freaked out after…or the time we were hiking through the dark tunnels at Diamond Head in Hawaii and Andrew refused to take off his Gucci shades cuz he was scared he would drop them! Andrew's too much!
In his own words: “The Queen Mum’s 99 today…we all know what’s gonna happen to her.” (We were at Buckingham Palace, well, in front of it, on the Queen Mum’s 99th birthday in August 1999)

No comments: