Monday, May 17, 2004

Getting to know...

CHERYL LYNN ZARASPE KAGAOAN aka Che
Vitals: Met in freshman year religion w/ Mrs.-I-have-a-ring-in-every-finger-and-my-blonde-hair’s-all-crazy Rizzo at Immaculate Heart High School. Cheryl thought I was Japanese = 12 years and counting.
Role In My Life: Re-appearing Never Disappearing Friend – Keeping old friends when you start college is a true testament of exactly how strong those bonds that were formed in high school really are. When us IH pandas (Yeah Pandas, so what?!) started college in 1996, many of us thought not much would change, regardless of how scarce our meetings would be. But everyone knows what happens when high school’s done and college begins…things change. Suddenly the phone calls, lunches and parties happen less often and you feel a certain feeling of loss and regret. What happened to the eternal sisterhood we learned to rely on? THEN you see that old friend again, maybe after months or even years, and it’s as if no time had passed. Sisterhood has prevailed! That’s how Cheryl and I are.
Good Times: I used to have a crush on this one guy when we were in high school and he came to one of our school dances during our junior year. It was either the Welcome Dance (which is our first dance of the school year) or the Valentine’s Dance. Anyhow, we were all dancing the whole night and I kept telling myself, if this guy isn’t dancing during the last song, I’LL ASK HIM. I’m really bad at stuff like this so here comes the last song, “Somebody” by Depeche Mode, and I’m squirming, still trying to decide if I’ve got the guts to go through with it. He’s standing like 5 feet away from me, and so is Cheryl. I just heard Cheryl say, “Man I love this song!” and next thing I know, my crush is leading her to the dance floor. WAY TO GO ANNA! Cheryl spent the entire ride home apologizing to me. Ha ha ha…It’s okay Cheryl. I’m slow.
In her own words: “I don’t know what the big deal is with Lord of the Rings. Ok, so there’s a wizard named Randolf.” Ha ha ha…GANDALF SILLY!!

***This girl just turned 26 on May 16th! BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHERYL!!!!***

No comments: