Monday, May 10, 2004

Getting to know...

PATRICK Y. BALLESTEROS aka PAT
Vitals: Met our freshman year at UCIrvine. Pat started out as just our friend’s dormmate, but ultimately turned into OUR good friend and Cile’s art major guardian angel in Irvine (“C’mon Cile, we can’t ditch class today.” Ha ha ha…). Cile and Pat, with their art classes, projects and field trips, were literally each other’s shadow for 5 years and lucky me, being Cile’s roommate, got to spend as much time with Pat as she did = 8 years and counting
Role In My Life: The Talented Mr. Ballesteros – I can’t even begin to tell you how talented this boy is at his craft. Whether it’s painting on a canvas, drawing in his sketchbook (which he NEVER EVER goes anywhere without), or getting creative with his I-Book sketchpad, Pat’s the real deal. It really makes me wish I had such a gift.
Good Times: On Valentine’s Day in 2000, we opened the door to our apartment (WE meaning me, Cile, Leia, Fantone, Isa, and probably some of the other girls) and there on a chair before us were a dozen roses. It was from Pat for all of us chicks. Those of us who didn’t have boyfriends suddenly forgot for a few minutes how cursed that day usually is for us. Thanks Pat! What a sweetie!
In his own words: “Sorry Anna, I don’t know how this coffee maker works and I don’t know where ANYTHING is in this kitchen. I never come in here!” (Pat and his mom just moved into a new house a few months ago and I was gonna make some coffee and I asked him where the cream, sugar, measuring spoons, etc were and he just gave me this blank look the whole time! Spoiled!

No comments: