Sunday, June 04, 2006

shutter ['sh&-t&r]
a mechanical device that limits the passage of light; especially : a camera attachment that exposes the film or plate by opening and closing an aperture
Synonyms include: screen, shade, shield

aperture ['ap-&(r)-"chur]
an opening or open space;
a hole; the opening in a photographic lens that admits the light
Synonyms include: gap, opening, orifice, outlet, passage

“4 more shots and my count is 900 for the day, Ja.”
“You’ve taken almost 900 pictures? Stop it! Gimme that camera!”

Hahaha…oh Master Ja, you underestimated me didn’t you? I’m a shutterbug, trigger happy and all, what can I say? It’s a real wonder why I never thought of taking up photography as a career. I take so many pictures, enjoy nothing more than sharing them with others and, when time allows, laying them out in a scrapbook that I might as well have gone to school for it then take it up as a living!

So, I helped Ja and Bev with 11 hours of coverage last Saturday afternoon. From 12:30 pm at the bride’s house, to later that afternoon at Christ the King Church, to 11:30 at night at the Castaway for the reception, we clicked like there was no tomorrow! I’ve witnessed a wedding from yet another point of view and it is one I won’t soon forget.

The wedding photographer has such an enormous responsibility! So huge that I got really scared when I realized that Ja and Bev were serious when they asked me to help. You guys weren’t kidding? Hahaha! I got my crash course from the two of them (with tidbit hints from James) before my first gig. But between trying to memorize and then understand “shutter speed” (1, ½, ¼, 1/8, 1/15, 1/30, 1/60, 1/125, 1/250, 1/500, 1/1000, 1/2000...HUH?), “aperture” and ISO, and making sure I didn't miss any moments, I had to shake my head to reset and then come back. It was all good though! I was really nervous that day, but I have good teachers too (booty kisser or what?!) so after awhile, it wasn’t so scary anymore and I got into normal Anna-mode with a camera in my hand. Ya'll know what that's like.

Probably the hardest thing about this for me is going to be to try not to get distracted by what's going on. I've gotten so used to having to pay attention to 20 things at one time as a wannabe wedding coordinator, that I almost forgot that when I'm with Ja Tecson Photography, I AM A PHOTOGRAPHER. Hahaha! I have to remember that I've got to work this freakin' 10 lb camera and not my trusty clipboard. I missed my clipboard that day. hahaha! So, next assignment? An engagement shoot in Las Vegas baby! I can’t wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finishing second in the phone sex com Olympics gets you silver. phone sex com