Tuesday, June 13, 2006

fiancé ["fE-"än-'sA]
a man to whom a woman is engaged to be married
Synonyms include: affianced, betrothed, engaged person, future, husband-to-be, wife-to-be

In today’s entry, the man playing this part is Nickelson and he is engaged to be married to our good friend Melissa. Last Saturday afternoon, a few of us spent some time with the lovely couple and their families – two families who, in 6 months or so, will be united by their precious Nick and Isa.

I still remember the first time Isa told me about Nick. It was Fall 2000 and I was living in Washington, D.C. In addition to letters and cards that I received from her ever other week while I was away, Isa used to call me every weekend like clockwork. “It’s free on weekends so of course I’m gonna call you!” she used to say and that’s one thing that will always remind me of how lucky I am to have her. So one weekend she called and we chitchatted for a little bit and I asked her what was new and, I guess she didn’t know how to say it but she said something like, “I met someone. I met a boy.” A-ha! No wonder she was being all weird on the phone! Hahaha! Anyhow, she had been seeing Nick for a few weeks I think and before we got off the phone I remember sensing something in Isa’s voice. Maybe it was just me, but she sounded quite happy.

The following weekend she called and gave me the address to Nick’s family’s website. There, displayed, was a picture of Isa with Nick’s arm around her, on HIS FAMILY’S website! I thought, hmmm…So I met Nick shortly after I got back from DC and all I could think was, “Dang, this dude is CHILL!” It doesn’t take long for anyone to grow fond of Nick. He’s one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and he gives Isa this peace that I hadn’t yet seen before she met him.
It's our first COF wedding!!! Congratulations Nick & Isa! We're soooo excited and happy for you both!

No comments: