Friday, February 27, 2004

DANCIN’ DIRTY

Is it dumb that I wanna watch DIRTY DANCING: HAVANA NIGHTS? At first I thought, geez what a corny ass idea. But I caught the tail-end of the MTV special on it this morning and I was like, oooh dope soundtrack and excellent dancing! I love watching movies that have all this dancing in it (i.e. CENTER STAGE, SAVE THE LAST DANCE, DIRTY DANCING, heck! BRING IT ON! etc). And doesn’t Diego Luna (I think that’s his name) look like the geek in CAN’T HARDLY WAIT? My cousin brought it up and man! He totally looks like the guy in the movie who was out to get Mike Dexter but ended up drunk himself. Ha ha ha…I’m laughing just thinking about it. Anyhow, I don’t know who’d wanna watch this with me. I’m thinking maybe Leia or Riann or Ate…Fantone? Anyone? My sister will probably be like, “Naaah.”

Anyhoo, every time I watch movies like this I always want go out and do something related to it. After CENTER STAGE I was determined to see a ballet. I discovered, however, that ballets aren’t that prevalent much around here. I would’ve settled for the NUTCRACKER because I’ve actually been wanting to watch that, but as usual, funds are scarce during the holiday season so that plan was a negatory. After SAVE THE LAST DANCE, I SO wanted to go clubbin’! After I watched BRING IT ON, I broke out with our old cheerleading video. Yes sir, if you didn’t know already, I was a cheerleader in high school (one of the co-captains during my senior year, thank you very much!).

Anyhoo, DIRTY DANCING – HAVANA NIGHTS…any takers?

No comments: