Monday, February 16, 2004

BIRTHDAY WISHES COME TRUE

I was telling Iya last night how I got all teary-eyed during mass last friday, my birthday. This birthday has been a God-send, not because of presents or celebrations, but because it's been a reminder of how lucky I am. I think I expressed this earlier but I can't stress it enough, especially because I've been feeling so down since last year ended and this year began. I was thanking God so much for keeping me alive so long, for letting me have people such as yourselves calling, texting and e-mailing birthday greetings. Just when I think I've had it with this life, I'm always handed something so precious and so neglected by me, like these people I love being around.

Jhoette gets the prize for greeting me the earliest. He called on Thursday night. "Happy birthday Anna! I know it's not 'til tomorrow, but it's tomorrow here already!" And that made me so happy! That began this blessed weekend for me.

On Friday afternoon, Iya brought chinese food to the office and we had lunch in the breakroom. We had shrimp fried rice, beef broccoli, mongolian beef and chow mein. Mmmmmmm I love chinese food! It was so fun hanging out with someone during my lunch! Thanks again Iya!!

After mass with the parentals and my sister that evening, we went to my aunt's house. She bought Thai BBQ and we feasted!! (EAT! That's all I did this weekend!). And then we played LORD OF THE RINGS MONOPOLY! HOW FUN IS THAT GAME!! I'm SO gonna buy it and I'm SO gonna invite you all to play with me! I love hanging out with my family, especially my cousins and my sister! We're so stupid when we're together!

Yesterday, we had lunch at Gordon Biersch, window-shopped around Pasadena, had some ice cream, talked at Coffee Bean, and then had dinner at Noodle World. I love walking around Pasadena on a Sunday afternoon, and to do it with such a fun group of people made the day even better. And for once it didn't rain on my birthday weekend!

I cherished every minute of this past week, especially this weekend. (Valentine's day was fun too, but more on that later). And can I just say how thoughtful everyone has been? I wish I could tell you about all the wonderful gifts I got for this birthday but it would take hours for me to give the thanks due. From mail order gifts (this was very big for people this year) to heartfelt greetings to having a meal or two to celebrate my special day, I am so thankful!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU everyone for making my 26th birthday so wonderful! I am blessed!

No comments: