Wednesday, February 04, 2004

BLOWN AWAY

I just stepped out on the terrace here at the office (we’re on the 4th floor looking over Glenoaks Blvd in Burbank and we have a balcony furnished with a plastic dining set; 1 table and 4 chairs) and I noticed how windy it is right now. Oh I wish you guys could see the mountains just ahead. The sky is SO clear and SO blue that it looks like God pasted the mountain onto the sky, the lines are so distinct! This is why I love windy days, no smog looming over us.

This semi-windy day, however, doesn’t compare to a tumultuous one we had last week. I believe it was Monday or Tuesday evening when I was listening to all the potted plants outside getting knocked over as I tried to fall asleep. I said to myself, “Man, the streets are gonna be full of palm leaves and crap tomorrow!” So I get to work in the morning and I happened to look out the glass door that led to the terrace. And I said, “hmmm, something looks weird.” But I dispelled this suspicion and headed back to my desk for another fun-filled day of carpel tunnel-inducing data entry. At about 3 pm, I started getting sleepy (as usual) so I went outside to the balcony to get some air and then I realized…OH MY GOSH THE TABLE’S GONE! The chairs, which were stacked together, were knocked over but the table was gone! I looked over to the island divider on the street down below and I saw bits and pieces of white plastic scattered alongside its curb. The wind must’ve blown the table off the balcony and it must’ve crashed into something and shattered! At first all of us were like, “Oh man, what if it caused an accident?” We felt bad for a quick second and busted up laughing. OUR PLASTIC TABLE GOT BLOWN AWAY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! What is this, the WIZARD OF OZ? El fin…

No comments: