Saturday, January 31, 2004

When God Closes a Door...

...some way He opens a window. That is one of my favorite lines from my favorite movie ever, THE SOUND OF MUSIC. I think about inpirational words such as these and am often struck with doubt when pessimism has clearly taken me over. Window? What window? Show me where so I can tell you if it's a valid window or not. Does it look over blue waters or camel colored fields? Or is it blocked by a brick wall? Answers, I always look for answers. If you've read my entry about faith, you'll know how easily I've lost trust in ever finding that window that I know God has opened up somewhere. WHERE IS IT HIDDEN LORD?

Content, kind, friendly, outgoing, ambitious, intuitive, optimistic...These used to be words I'd use to describe myself on a job application. Now I'm looking at terms like bitter, angry, unhappy and fed-up to fill in the lines. What happened to me? I'm chatting with Cile online right now and, bless her heart, she's saying all that she can to release me from that awful cage of self-pity and self-loathing that I seem to be trapped in. I'm afraid I'm gonna be here forever! Is there help for hopeless people such as myself?

No comments: