Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Baby I'm Yours

C'mon! Who knows this song by Shai? It's one of my favorite songs and to my delight, they showed the video on VH1 Soul when I got home from work today. The four guys are all chillin' and singin' a capella on the bleachers of Howard Univeristy. And guess who I realized is in that video? ANANDA LEWIS! Crazy! Anyhow, it's the ultimate sweet talk song. Just see for yourself (here comes another one of my lyric-based entries):

Baby I'm Yours

Understand girl that my heart is in your hands
And I'm cautious
Of falling in love again
So please don't hurt me, I'm scared
Don't desert me, I'm afraid.
Of being a fool, again

So Baby I'm yours, if you want me
And if you want my sweet love I'm yours
If you need me
Loving you forever, if you want me
Give me your love
Baby I'm yours, if you need me

Realize girl that my faith is kind of torn
So watch you step girl
Because my heart is weak and worn
So won't you please be careful, I'm fragile
I can't imagine the damage
I have to handle
If you hurt me one more time,
Please by mine

Baby, I've been through a whole lot of relationships,
Whole lot of broken promises,
But now I'm ready for a real one sweet heart
Yes I am
You don't have to worry baby.
Don't you every go away.


What a great, "Girl, I've got a broken heart to mend and I think you could help me" kind of song! What sap of a woman wouldn't tend to this pitiful plea?..especially if he looked like Garfield from Shai. He used to date Coco (the lead singer) from SWV. Okay, enough because if you get me started on these 90's R & B love songs I could go on forever about junior high and high school. So that's all...

No comments: