Monday, January 26, 2004

Getting to know...

MARISSA LINDA MAE IGNACIO MORELOS aka IYA
History: Met August 1990 on the first day of 7th grade at St. Francis of Assisi School, then classmates for 4 years at Immaculate Heart High School = 14 years and counting
Role in my life: The Shadow I’m Always Chasing - You got a taste of this fact if you've read my entry about the perfect score that Iya got on our accounting midterm. She is seriously one of the most intelligent and together people I know. As much as we make fun of her "assertiveness" and her passion to make things right in her own scary way, I know it's only because we're jealous of her ability to know what she wants and her determination to attain them. I've admired this girl since we met 14 years ago and I think I always will.
Good Times: Stalking *NSYNC (one of her more unique hobbies). I’m talkin’ parking in front of the building where KIIS FM airs because we heard a rumor that they would be there, then following a suburban because we were SURE they were in there! (Done at the insistence of Ate Tin-Tin but still!). But my favorite moments with Iya will always be our innumerable conversations as we reminisce about our past, laugh and analyze our present and anticipate (and at times worried) about our futures =)
In her own words: With both arms in the air - “WADE!!!!! WADE!!!!” (We stood outside the place where *NSYNC had their album release party for CELEBRITY when Iya spotted Wade Robson. She was YELLING and SCREAMING as he stood there...5 FEET AWAY FROM HER!)

No comments: