Wednesday, August 11, 2004

WORK IT OUT…LITERALLY

Going home and hiding under the covers, wanting to run over everything and everyone who got in my way, eating a whole carton of dulce de leche ice cream as I watch Wedding Planner for the 50th time; these are just some of the things I so desperately wanted to run out of the office and do yesterday. I was just in such a sour mood. I won’t get into why because I don’t want to get all exasperated about it all over again, but just know that I was seriously ready to hurt something, someone, anyone, ANYTHING cuz I was so irritated. But I didn’t. Instead I went to the gym last night and turbo kickboxed my way out of pent up infuriation and into some form of channeled sanity. After the workout (they’re on Round 21, by the way, Riann), I felt 10 times better than I had when I got there. I got my ass rocked (along with every other muscle and joint in my body), but it’s a good kind of pain because at least I know the workout, well, worked. Cile’s rediscovered running regimen lately reminded me of this healthy way to deal with life’s frustrations.

I’m so glad I looked to 24-hour Fitness for help this time rather than Krispy Kreme or the mall…or worse yet – Best Buy.

No comments: