Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Getting to know...

ENRICO ALVARADO TRIBIANA aka E-RIC
Vitals: I met Eric a scattered number of times during our senior year in high school. But one night I called Cecile and she happened to be talking to him on the phone so she asked me to 3-way (3-way, how high school is that!). After a few minutes, she had to go so she had Eric call me. That phonecall lasted 2-3 hours, our first conversation = 8 years and counting
Role In My Life: Mr. Go-Getter – I’ve chastised Eric a few times for being careless and dumb about various incidents (about girls, riding pocketbikes with no helmets, etc). Sometimes I wonder when he’s gonna smarten up and be more careful! But after 8 years I realized that he’s the way he is because he doesn’t want to ponder too long on making decisions. That might just cause uncertainty to surface and keep him from doing what he wants to. I remember Eric telling me once how he doesn’t want to live a life full of regrets. You will hardly see him wallowing in sadness or frustration. He doesn’t like wasting time on such things and I admire him a great deal for that.
Good Times: Eric and I have had our share of “hard times,” you might say. And it’s taken me awhile to realize how happy moments between good friends far outweigh those hard times I just couldn’t forget. Eric and I were partners for Rochelle’s debut (dropped the dumb flower I had to hold during the performance but we recovered, didn’t we?), we worked at Universal Studios for a summer (“Chill, this is Eric!”…”Jurassic Outfitters, this is Anna!”), talked on the phone until all hours (talkin’ ‘bout hey the sun’s rising!) and just vacationed in Hawaii with our best friends! And this is just the tip of the iceberg!
In his own words: “Hey it’s getting kinda boring. Where’s all the drama? No more drama?”

No comments: