Wednesday, August 18, 2004

WHAT TO FEEL, HOW TO FEEL

Something bad happened this morning. Tita Mayette and I were on our way to the office and we got into sort of an accident. This styrofoam take-out box from my dinner at Chevy's the night before sat atop the dashboard this morning. Tita Mayette braked and the box flew at me and her first reaction was to turn and look at what happened and all of a sudden we heard (and most definitely felt) something hit the van. We pulled over and I tried to get out but felt something wedged into the right front door, making it very hard to open. When I finally managed to get out, I saw it: a huge dent right under the right side mirror, the wheel scratched up and pieces of fiberglass in the hinge of the door. Nothing was missing on the surface of the van and Tita Mayette was convinced that she ran into the curb. On the reluctant drive back to the house to show Tito Paul we saw it: the van had hit the left side mirror of a car parked on the curb. The mirror was WHACKED!

When we got home, oh man, the sh*t that flew! Oh these tests that try husbands and wives! I tried to attend to getting Megan ready for daycare while my aunt and uncle "discussed" the unfortunate occurrence of this morning.

All day I've felt so guilty. I must've said "sorry" to Tita Mayette like a hundred times today and she keeps telling me that it wasn't my fault. But I can't help but feel bad. WHY ANNA! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO PUT THAT TAKEOUT BOX ON THE FREAKIN' DASHBOARD? IT'S NOT A FREAKIN' TABLE! Aaaaaaahhhh!!!!! I've been uncomfortable AAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL day, I can't even begin to tell you.

But even after all that, we all managed to spend a wonderful evening in nearby Walnut Creek for dinner and a walk. Now I'm having my daily Olympics fix and I'm stoked for the US!!! 29 medals so far! Love it!

I'll be back home in 2 days. Talk to/see you all soon!!!

No comments: