Monday, August 09, 2004

Getting to know...

JOHN JOSEPH MELOCOTON CARLOS aka JOEMAMA
Vitals: Met our junior year at UCI because, well, I met most of my UCI buddies junior year because I was one of the costumes coordinators for PCN. Along with 250+ cast members, I got to dress up Joemama in native Filipino gear (a gold vest and some hammer pants, ha ha ha) = 5 years and counting
Role In My Life: Perfect Example of "Go With the Flow" - I've only known Joe for 5 years and already I've grown to appreciate his maleable and easygoing demeanor. He's always game to go out and do things; have sushi even if he has to drive 50 miles to get it, go on weekend or week-long vacations, see a concert with friends which didn't start until past midnight...on a weekday, travel up to LA two days in a row to celebrate Valentine's Day with his fellow singles and then attend a birthday lunch, head to the beach to go bodyboarding, etc all the while hardly ever complaining because he enjoys his friends' company. Just read his blog and you'll see what I mean.
Good Times: Aside from great conversations via AIM (which range from mindless Hillary Duff banter to contemplative life talks), it’s always a fun time with Joe. This past Valentine’s day, he spent a whole evening with Leia, Fantone, Gwen, Iya and me and didn't complain once about being the only guy there. And then one time we all spent the weekend in San Diego and Joemama let me frenchbraid his then long ass hair! Ha ha ha...talk about slumber party activities! The week in Hawaii in 2003 was the most I got to hang out with this guy and I could write a 10-screen long entry about how much fun it was.
In his own words: ”Hey Anna daw!”…”What’re you doing daw?”…”I’m gonna go to sleep daw”…”Sleep tite daw!” Eversince Joe learned this word, he puts it at the end of all of his sentences.

No comments: