Tuesday, June 07, 2005

SHORT & SWEET
(No, I'm not talking about me, you silly!! Hahaha! SO just kidding!)


- Watched “Sylvia” (played by Gwyneth Paltrow) on Thursday night about poet Sylvia Plath and her troubled relationship with fellow writer Ted Hughes. She took her own life after having two children and her work went unnoticed until her death. Asked myself if all writers have to have tragic lives in order to successfully convey the internal coherence of their work to the world AND if death is the fastest vehicle for which this lifelong work is carried out to the masses. If all this is so, then you’ll all be able to read my stuff when I’m dead. =)

- Watched “Ray” late Friday after a long session of brainstorming and making leis (actually A lei) because I just couldn’t sleep. Realized that when it comes to doing something you truly love, there are no excuses for failure.

- Went to my cousin's graduation lunch on Saturday at Harvest Inn (Every graduation's got a Chinese food theme this year! It's a good thing I love Chinese food). He just graduated from Loyola High School and will be attending UC Riverside with this brother in the fall. Matt and I were sitting at the table with the celebrant and the rest of our cousins and siblings and we were just like, oh man when did we get so old?!

- That evening, we attended Love's wedding. She looked beautiful! I don't think I've ever seen an ugly bride and she was certainly no exception. Watched Cile, Pat, Kay and James down drink after drink. Though the evening belonged to Love and her new husband, it was definitely the Pat & Kay show! That was wedding 4 of 6 for me this year.

- Fighting a lack of inspiration on Sunday afternoon (plus the fact I got sick of looking at my paper, I watched “Finding Neverland” and, well, let’s just say I wrote for 3 hours after it. Was reminded that not all writers draw on negative instances for inspiration.

- Been working on my final paper for the last week. Yesterday I called in sick cuz I've been feeling so crappy. Too bad I had to finish my paper! I worked on it for 13 hours yesterday. Not pleasant when you're sneezing and coughing like crazy, but I did what I could and made it work somehow, finishing before MIDNIGHT! I'm shocked! Thanks for all your help Pat!

- Modem isn’t working so we haven’t been able to go online all weekend. We’re probably gonna get a new computer Wednesday night because I’M SO SICK OF FREEZING, GETTING LOGGED OFF AND A BUNCH OF OTHER TECHNICAL WOES I’M NOT EVEN GONNA GET INTO! I swear! If it’s not a lost digicam, it’s a jacked up computer! What’s next?!

So, that’s me in a nutshell, kids! Albeit it a rather big nutshell but a nutshell nonetheless. I have a bunch of pictures to show you all taken by my freakin’ frackin’ awesome new camera and as soon as this computer fiasco gets underway, that’ll be no problem! Hope you all had an excellent weekend and will have a great week! Today’s my last day of class woo hoo! 15 weeks go by fast!

No comments: