Wednesday, June 08, 2005

CATCHIN' UP WITH TECHNOLOGY

Look at all my new toys! First my new so very pretty digicam with a freakin' huge lcd! 5.1 megapixels, movie WITH sound, like 50 settings to adapt to the proper environment, 512 + 256 MB worth of memory sticks and did I mention how much I love the huge screen? THANKS THANKS THANKS AGAIN TO MY WONDERFUL FRIENDS! I WON'T EVER EVER FORGET THIS!

And tonite, my mom and dad got us a new computer (God bless 0% apr financing for 12 months!). If you don't already know, we got our old computer Christmas 1998!! Knowing how quickly anything computer-related changes, you can imagine our growing dismay with our old system. The internet constantly logged us off or refused to log on at all. It took like 5 minutes to start the darn thing. Getting something to print was an awful task because the communication between the printer and the system was just...well, slow as hell.

Last night, my last day of class, I had a final project due. Class didn't start unil 7:30 so when I got done revising my piece of fiction (14 pages, 4000 words!) at 7:00, I ATTEMPTED to print. Ask me what time I left for class...8:05 PM cuz I had to keep shutting down and restarting the computer and then for it to have to print 14 pages? I hate to be cliche, but it was like watching paint dry. GRRRRRRRRR!

But it's all good because now we've got these great new toys! I'm sure most of you have like souped up laptops and Macs with 8 billion gigs of space and memory, but seeing as to how we don't do much in this family except check email, look at pictures, write papers and set up excel files for billing cycles, our new HP will satisfy just fine. I CAN'T STOP SITTING HERE IN FRONT OF IT!

And it's got all these drives for different memory cards so I don't even need to connect my camera to the cpu to transfer pictures! And it's a CD AND DVD burner AND a DVD player! I'M SO HAPPY! Wow, I'm such a loser, huh? Pardon the excitement. I haven't received so many new appliances at one time in so long and I'm ecstatic!

Here's to never getting behind again!


Look my new flat screen monitor and shimmery keyboard and mouse to match!
Posted by Hello

No comments: