Saturday, June 11, 2005

ANNA NANNY

It was my Ninang Lilith's 50th birthday "surprise" party today. Unfortunately, she flew in early from San Francisco and, well, it wasn't so much a surprise when we got there, boo! But it's okay cuz she had a great time!

So you'd think, a 50th birthday party would entail a majority of adults over kids; drinking their wine, playing some poker and/or mahjong and singing on the magic mic. There was some of that going on, and you'd think that I, as a 27-year old, would join in on such adult-type activity. Not so, for when my nieces, April & Alyssa, are around, I'm just a kid trapped in a grown-up's body, trusted to look after them for the day.

They freakin' wore me out today. Along with my cousin, Justin and April & Alyssa's baby brother, Anthony, I was nannified the minute they all arrived, playing shadow (damn I hate that game), watched them cartwheel and tumble around, guide their marshmallows & strawberry skewers at the fondu pot and attempted to play monopoly, a game that 3-year old Anthony was not comprehending. YAYAtology, my Tita Olive calls it. Every single time there's a family gathering, I (and most of the time my sister) somehow get drawn into this makeshift daycare.

But I can't complain cuz I love them all, these kids, who I don't get to see as often as I'd like to. Saying they're a handful is quite the understatement, but I don't think I'd have it any other way.



Another party spent entertaining my nieces April & Alyssa.
Posted by Hello

No comments: