Wednesday, February 16, 2005

OT

...as in overtime. Man! I don't even do overtime at the office where I actually work and today, up here in Concord, I had to stay an hour and a half over to finish up! Oh well, can't say that extra time and a half won't be appreciated. I can't believe that stack of papers I literally had to attack this morning! And just as I was getting it down to an inch or so throughout the course of the day, someone came to plop down another 3 inches of work! Holy crap! But it's cool because I'm glad I could help. I just didn't realize they were THAT behind on that stuff I was working on.

I had fun up here though, despite the carpel tunnel-inducing movements which never fail to get in the way. The staff here in our Concord office are made up of just chicks who are so much fun to be around. They even threw me a little belated birthday party this afternoon, complete with balloons, noise-popper thingies and a birthday cake (Tres leches! My favorite!)!

Then for dinner Tito Paul, Tita Mayette and Megan took me to dinner at this fancy, schmancy Italian restaurant called Massimo's in Walnut Creek (it's like a Pasadena. I love it there!) where I had a delish linguini and prawns on the office Visa. This is the perk for traveling for work isn't it, freebies!

Tomorrow I work until about 3 pm and then head back to Oakland airport because my flight leaves at 5:45 pm (hopefully on time) and I'll be home in lots of time for ER!

Funny Story That Proves Anna's Ineffectiveness Around Cute Guys

On Tuesday morning, I left my car at Lot A and took a shuttle to the airport. On the way there, this really cute guy sat next to me. He was kinda tall, dirty blonde hair, wearing a long-sleeve slate blue button-down and navy blue slacks (gee Anna, could you BE anymore of a stalker?) When we got to the airport, he was in line behind me at the x-ray/metal detector things. I was like, "oh man if this guy is on my flight, I'LL DIE!" So my boss and I are in line A at Gate 6 and I casually, breezily, scan to see if that cute guy was on my flight. Alas, nowhere in sight. On the plane I'm talking to my boss and suddenly get distracted because (be still my heart) MR. CUTE GUY'S WALKING DOWN THE AISLE LOOKING FOR A SEAT! DANGIT JACK, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO SIT NEXT TO ME! And then when we got off the plane, I saw him talking on the phone by the escalators. I waved "good-bye" to him in my head. =( IF WE'RE ON THE SAME FLIGHT TOMORROW...AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! Too bad I'm not slick! Should I pull the "do you have the time?" line on him? Does that even work?! hahaha....oh man....

No comments: