Monday, February 21, 2005

LAUGHTER IN THE RAIN

You know what friends are? Friends are people who will drive from all distances to have lunch and then walk around in the rain with you if that’s what you planned to celebrate your birthday. That’s exactly what we did Sunday afternoon. 8 hours in Pasadena! Lunch at Kabuki Japanese Restaurant was fun, especially the part when the waiter asked Rochelle if I was “of age” to be downing that sake bomb! Hahaha…I’M 27 YOU FREAK! Yup, after that ONE DRINK (and half of a sake shot that Cile asked me to finish) I was blushing like a peach, scratching a little bit and my eyes seemed to close in on me. Thank goodness for the walk in the rain. The cold air was a big help!

I wasn’t in much of a shopping mood yesterday but I did enjoy watching everyone else. The number of hours we spent at Hooters was pretty memorable too. We all sat there, for the most part, watching the All-Star game, drinking, eating, talking. The Hooters girls had me stand on a chair and do the YMCA with them. Suffice it to say, all my womanly insecurities came screaming back at me each second I spent in there. Could I have FELT more inadequate? Hahaha…it was a fun time had by all, though, and that’s what made the day all the more worthwhile.

Ending the evening with old videos was truly…what’s the word?…depressing. HA HA! Just kidding! It was fun. Despite bringing me back to what was probably one of the most awkward times of my life (with the eyeglass frames that literally covered half my face!), I can’t say it wasn’t nice to look back on that same time in which I have such fond memories. Yes it was a long time ago (9 years to be exact), and I still can’t believe I’m 27 years old. But I’m grateful, content and excited for what’s to come in my life. I hope all this rain is symbolic for a downpour of good fortune. That’d be nice, wouldn’t it?

No comments: