Wednesday, April 14, 2004

AI LIVE! (Ate Cyn and Ate, this blog entry’s for you guys!)

Guess what I freakin’ did yesterday? I went to a live taping of American Idol! My aunt called me Monday morning at work and asked if I could get out early Tuesday so I could go. Apparently, she and her co-workers went last week, but didn’t get in because they overdistributed the tickets or something. So to make up for it, they gave her VIP tickets so we wouldn’t have to line up outside the studio. So as fate would have it, my boss is gone and my “supervisor-like” said I could get out at 1:00 pm. I left work at 1:00 pm, picked up some Del Taco for me and my sister (she’s on spring break lucky brat!), and then headed to downtown to pick up my aunt and her 2 co-workers. Oh man downtown LA -- could there be a more confusing place for me? I had to exit off that offramp on the 110 where it’s like 6th/4th/3rd street/Wilshire Blvd (WTF!? PICK ONE!), and I took 4th (the office is on 4th & Flower) and I ended up in the freakin’ Fashion District! I was like, where the hell am I? Cile and Joe, you guys would’ve been laughing at me if you were in the car cuz I was just baffled! Anyhow, I managed to get on 5th, then Figueroa, THEN 4th THEN Flower! Geez louise!!!

We got to the CBS studios on La Bea (or is it Beverly?…No La Brea) at 3:00, parked, then headed to the soundstage. They had port-a-potties outside and we were all so apprehensive about using them. But I told my aunt that since we’re at a studio, they have to be nicer than the regular booty ones. And they so were! The toilets flushed properly, the floor inside was carpeted, there were toilet seat covers(!) and a sink! Fancy!

So we get inside to sit down at about 4:30. Seated in section A, row 7, we waited anxiously for everything to start. We sat right beside Diana DeGarmo’s family and behind George Huff’s family. The only reason I know is because the girl sitting next to me was like SUPERFAN! She was the first person there that day so she got to watch the rehearsals. She was all about it, giving me tidbits about every freakin’ thing that went on. It was kinda cool at first but then it got annoying (picture me rolling my eyes here). Anyhow, the theme was movie soundtracks and I think they all did well, even that red-headed guy and the pen salesman who I think have sucked up to this point. Quentin Tarantino was the guest judge and he was as honest as Simon, not sugarcoating his commentary like other guest judges have done. After LeToya sang (“Somewhere” from West Side Story. DAMN THE PIPES ON THAT CHICK!), Quentin’s all, “I have 3 words for you…POWER F-in HOUSE!” But after everyone performed, they made him tape his comment over cuz of the whole censor thing. He didn’t say the real word. He actually said “’F’ in,” but they made me re-do it anyhow. Gosh.

So I think Diana DeGarmo and Jasmine Trias will get booted this week cuz all the judges are saying how they’ve got great voices but they’re too young, trying to be too old. Oh well, we’ll see. Tune in and see if you can see me. Maybe they’ll pan and you’ll find me clapping away. If you’re looking at the stage, I’d be on the right side, 4th seat from the end of the row towards the front. I’m wearing a white blouse. Hee hee hee…hilarious! I had so much fun…probably moreso if it was last year’s group, but these finalists are cool too. That’s it…hee hee hee…

Watch out for Rochelle, Matt and her mom this Thursday. She has tickets for the results show. Pray she gets in so you can all look out for them too…HILARIOUS GUYS! SIMPLY HILARIOUS WAS THE EXPERIENCE!

No comments: