Sunday, August 24, 2003

so last night i ATTEMPTED to put a tagbox thingy on my blog page and i cannot for the life of me figure out where in the template to put this thing. i know you're all itching to put your 2 cents in on my entries and i can't wait to hear from you...IF I COULD ONLY PLACE THE TAGBOX ON THIS THING!!!...but enough of that. that's a thing to be figured out soon enough. besides, maybe it's cuz i was kinda tired last night. i was trying to get this done at like 1:30 am!

i came home from BJ's at about 12:30 am. i was treated to yet another evening dedicated to conversation, laughter, drinking and eating in the company of such great characters as that of riann, joe, andrew, patrick, edwin, stacy, rochelle and matt. i had exactly $20 in my wallet last night...courtesy of daddy. my dad knows i don't get paid until friday and he practically threw the money at me, knowing my pride wouldn't take such an offer. but i believe there are times when my parents realize that i'm not one for them to take care of anymore (except to provide the hearth which i inhabit of course) and they kinda miss having the all-encompassing financial power. so i copped my dad out of a twenty cuz the thought of a pizzookie was unbearable! no crime here...

anyhow, so i came home, attempted to put in a chatter/tagbox onto this blog when at 1:35 i discovered...anna you suck at this. even joe said so, just ask cile how to do it in the morning. ha ha ha...

this morning i got up at 10:30, read a few pages of a bedside table book and i decided: today i'm gonna be a bum. i had some brunch (cuz it was 11:15 or something by the time i finally went downstairs), watched MIB II all the way thru (it was on HBO), talked to my aunts who came over, played with some pictures on the computer, took a shower...and then went back downstairs to do more nothing. actually i watched something on the travel channel that made me sad...THE COUNTDOWN OF HAWAII'S MOST BEAUTIFUL BEACHES! WAAAAAAAHHHHH TAKE ME BACK! what must i do???...that was my whining for today. my new year's resolution was to CONTROL my whining and complaining. have i been successful? inside i've been really trying...to no avail it seems sometimes but the year's not over yet.

i do miss hawaii though, maybe not so much the beauty of the place itself (although that didn't hurt), but the way i was and the the way i felt when i was there. i put a lot of pressure on that trip long before the FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS signs were lit. and i have never felt so accomplished! i can't remember a time in the last few years where i was THAT relaxed, and THAT content and THAT down to do anything. all the tension in my shoulders caused by repetitive motions (i.e. typing and answering phones. talk about carpel tunnel!) disappeared when we landed in honolulu. what kinda place can do that for you? HAWAII! i think i'll go back next year. anyone wanna come?

No comments: