Saturday, December 31, 2005

THE NEXT YEAR IN THE LIFE

One year. 12 months. 52 weeks. 365 days. 8760 hours. 525,600 minutes (I actually calculated it). In 3 hours and 9 minutes, we’ll be done with another cycle of time and it’ll be 2006!!! I have an affinity for even numbered years, I don’t know why. Actually, I have an affinity for even numbered everything! Ha ha ha! It’s the mild case of OCD in me, what can I say? Maybe that’s why I’m waiting for this year to end.

Don’t worry. I don’t plan to spend the next paragraph counting down the number of lessons I’ve learned this year, because I’ve learned just one really big one. I learned how to keep myself from being stressed out, neurotic. I’ve learned to accept a lot of things in my life, reach a bit of serenity and I hope that it stays this way.

There’s no need to dwell on the past year because, well, it’s passed. With this I leave you all with a final thought…

“The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul.”
~ G.K. Chesterton

HAPPY 2006 EVERYONE!!!

No comments: