Tuesday, September 28, 2004

BIG SIS AND HER MAHAL

Belated Happy 28th Birthday to Annie & Will!!! The 2 hours to get seated at Bubba Gump was worth the wait, if only to celebrate your special days! And in Big Sis' honor...

Getting to know...

ANNALYN B. VALDEZ aka ANNIE aka BIG SIS
Vitals: Got acquainted during my junior year at UCI because she was one of THE PCN co-coordinators and I was one of the costumes coordinators = 6 years and counting
Role In My Life: Big Sis – Annie and Ate Tin-Tin both worked at the bookstore before I got there and people used to get them mixed up all the time, thinking they were sisters so they ended up calling each other “sis” and I, well, I became “little sis.” And it couldn’t have been more fitting because that’s what Annie’s been to me these last few years, another wonderful Big Sis. I admire her for the travels she’s experienced (she spent time in Turkey!) and the achievements she’s attained. We’ve also seen each other through the most joyous, as well as unhappiest of moments and although we don’t get a chance to talk now as often as we used to, I know I can count on her for guidance and comfort in any matter…all that AND she’s a trained bartender!
Good Times: Aside from endless mornings of shelving books and hearing each other’s gripes (and Annie’s monstrous burps from across the bookstore), Disneyland is what holds a special place in our hearts. During my 4th year at UCI, with Ate and Annie still working for the bookstore, all 3 of us took advantage of our Orange County surroundings. With Disneyland season passes in hand, us 3 sisters would drive up to the happiest place on earth after a long day at work or school practically every week (cuz it was only 20 minutes away) and bury our troubles in cotton candy, frozen bananas, tomorrowland fries and of course, rides.
In her own words: (picture us standing knee deep at Hanauma Bay in Hawaii for snorkeling with Annie’s arms crossed over her chest) “I don’t like this bikini top. (Why Annie? How come?) Cuz there’s no lining and if I don’t cover it you can see my…buddies.”

No comments: