Monday, July 12, 2004

Getting to know...

MELISSA ANN G. BAUTISTA aka MEL
Vitals: Been cousins since she was born, December 1978, but became more acquainted when I spent the week at her house in Ohio = 25 years and counting (Chrissy’s younger sister)
Role In My Life: Bright & Smiley Cousin – When you meet this girl, the first thing you’ll notice about her is that she’s smiling. In the few occasions that Mel and I have gotten a chance to hang out, all we do is laugh - at other people, at our family…at ourselves. Her smile is what I remember most often when I think of her. Even when we talk on the phone I can tell she's smiling.
Good Times: One day when I was in Ohio, Mel, Chrissy and I took their dog, Orson (who looks like a big yorkshire terrier), God rest his soul =), and Buck (this huge brown doggie who is bigger than me I think), their friend’s pet, to the park for a walk. Chrissy drove, I sat shotgun and Mel rode in the back with Orson and Buck. Suffice it to say, the 15 minute drive to the park was nothing short of comedic. Mel sat between the two dogs, trying her hardest to control their excitement. Buck spent practically the entire ride fussy and gung-ho, licking Mel’s face constantly. When we finally got to the park, (mind you I have practically zero encounters with animals, rare or domestic) Mel and Chrissy handed ME Buck’s leash. This dog took ME for a walk!
In her own words: “Leng, you're so small you could fit in my pocket!…Hurry get in!”

No comments: