Tuesday, February 28, 2006

SCORE!

When it's raining outside, the office is quiet and there's lots of work to be done, what do I do? I listen to my nano! And what do I listen to? Music with no lyrics of course. This morning I'm treating myself to a mix of Tchaikovsky's 1812 overture, and the instrumental themes to Indiana Jones, Forrest Gump, Somewhere in Time, Far & Away, Karate Kid I, II & III, Top Gun, St. Elmo's Fire and, of course, Star Wars. Maybe tomorrow I'll get into some Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Pearl Harbor.

There are just times when all you want is to trade in an opportunity to belt out some showtunes or bounce your head to some hip-hop, for the sound of a piano, a guitar or an orchestra. The mind doesn't always need words to keep you deep in reverie.

No comments: