Sunday, April 24, 2005

WHEN YOU FALL IN LOVE

What can stand in the way of true love? Absolutely nothing when you’ve got two people who are so unbelievably made for each other. April 23rd, 2005 is a day I’ll always remember, for that’s the day Joellee and Zandro, two people, two friends, who started out as elementary school classmates became husband and wife.

We feared rain yesterday. The clouds rolled by above and the air was filled with an early morning chill. Thankfully, the only downpour we felt was a thunderstorm of emotion as Joellee and Z vowed to love each other as long as they both shall live. The Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels was a beautiful backdrop to our wonderful wedding day. The pews were filled with their closest relatives and friends, as visiting onlookers strolled by the velvet ropes and a sign that read, “Wedding in progress.” The wedding party was clad in red, beautiful ladies and handsome gentlemen, the perfect color of passion which permeated from the eyes of the bride and groom, to the witnesses who stood around them. Today we embraced two old friends tighter, and greeted the new people they’ve become.

The evening was spent in celebration at the Westin in Pasadena. After the tears were shed at moving speeches and Cile’s once again awesome slideshow, can we say “party people?” The DJ’s said that out of all the wedding receptions they’d ever done, our crowd yesterday would have to be the most lively, thank you very much! The electric slide TWICE? A conga line, with slow jams and radio hits in between? The macarena? Drunk Carlo and Joe on the mic, the boys singing their Daniel Murphy High School alma mater to the crowd, with Edwin freestyling “Ocho Ocho” to end the evening? Freakin’ hilarious! It was the Riann show on the dance floor, as usual. But this time Miss Beyonce had a sparring partner in Rommel. Fine entertainment, I tell you! We were all so exhausted after this blessed day, complaining every 10 minutes how old we were getting. Two of us are married now, plus we were so worn out at only 11:35 pm? THE HORROR! Hahaha

I was a lucky girl yesterday. Joellee and Z entrusted me to help them “run the show,” and although Jennifer Lopez in “The Wedding Planner” I was not, I did get a peak of what a job like that would be like. It’s a handful, but I can’t ever say I didn’t have fun doing it. Remember Monica on the day of Phoebe’s wedding in that one episode of friends? That’s who I felt like. What a high, bossing people around! Hahaha! I’m so just kidding because I owe my “assistants” (Joe, Riann, Ida, Ivy and Charles, not to mention the Westin staff) for not making me look bad. Hahaha! Thanks guys! “Those who can’t do, teach? Those who can’t wed, PLAN!” Hahaha!

I wish I could show you all pictures of this wonderful wonderful day, but one bad thing happened to me yesterday. I lost my digital camera, my favorite necessity in the whole world! 165 wedding pictures I wish I could share with all of you but can’t. We searched everywhere, retraced my steps and I haven’t the faintest idea where it could be. I’ve been praying for the last 18 hours for its reappearance, hoping that every time my phone rings, it's someone telling me they've found it…but no such blessing has incarnated. If you know how much that thing means to me, it won’t surprise you that I cried. Grrr, I feel so crippled without it! Of all the things I could’ve lost, why did it have to be my camera! Between that and my curling iron (another prized possession) exploding on me yesterday morning, I can’t wait to see what other appliance I’ll put out of its misery with my carelessness. The only thing keeping me from being more depressed and angry about it, is that I got to see two good friends start a loving commitment. I’ve got no pictures to show for it this time, but I thank God for memories inside I know I’ll never forget.

Mr. & Mrs. Delfin, this day forever and always, is yours to cherish. Thank you for letting us be a part of it!


So who’s next? Anyone else hiring? CALL ME! =)

No comments: