Friday, November 14, 2003

Red Pill, Blue Pill

Iya's sister-in-law, Ate Jenny works for the company who processes permits for movie studios to film in certain locations. She gave Iya 2 passes to the MATRIX REVOLUTIONS screening on the Warner Bros lot and iya took me! (THANKS AGAIN ATE JENNY AND IYA! I HAD SO MUCH FUN!) everyone i know who has seen this movie can't seem to find too many great things to say about it. so iya and i went in there expecting a fluke, minus the effects. people have said it's corny or whatever and i can kinda see why they would say that, but i don't think the dialogue was even half as corny as the dialogue in STAR WARS EPISODE 2. THAT movie freakin' killed me, especially during conversations between amidala and anakin. granted hayden christiansen is FINE, the movie was all effects, weak story.

but back to the MATRIX...we thought it was cool. it made loads of points about destiny and sacrifice and chances. maybe to the discerning eye of a superfan, the movie may have lacked in some areas, but i liked it. i have to admit that i'm at a loss as to what happened in the 1st two movies (which i'm planning to re-watch to understand the 3rd more), but nonetheless, the movie satisfied as much as i expected from it.

after the movie iya pointed me towards a part of the lot where ER films certain scenes and as a diehard ER fan i was like AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M HERE!!! where Noah Wyle and Maura Tierney and Sherry Stringfield and George Clooney walked around! oh! on monday when we spent the day at the Grove, I saw Sharif Atkins from ER! he's the doctor who had the military help him get thru medical school. I SO wanted to go up to him and his little boy (or was it a girl) and shake his hand or something. but i'm bad at celebrity meetings, just ask anyone.

well, my midterm was...it was easy...for the people who studied hardcore for it that is. i wasn't one of them so some parts were a little puzzling for me. anyhow, i better go. I've got bills to do before i go to bed. until next time...

No comments: