Friday, November 21, 2003

ChILLIN’ Again…

Last night, Iya, Randy, Bobbers, Joe, Riann and I had dinner at Noodle World in Pasadena then treated ourselves to an evening of original music at McMurphy’s. I finally got to see ILL AGAIN perform and now I fully understand the hoopla that surrounds these guys. I’m no hip-hop connoisseur but I know what’s pleasing to the ear and their music really was. A 6-member band consisting of 2 guitarists (1 bassist), a drummer, a multi-faceted instrumentalist and 2 emcees, they filled the room with a solid following bobbin’ their heads to the beat of their sounds. Exceptional lyricists, their set was nothing short of unique and I do look forward to seeing them perform again.

What made the night even more happening was seeing our high school classmate, Jimelle. We haven’t seen her in 2 years and it was great seeing such a familiar face in the crowd. Catching up with old friends is always fun. I think the comedic moments of the evening were,. by and large, the dancing showcase of 3 women. One lady, who was dressed like a stewardess and was easily 40+ was by the stage, drink in hand, shakin’ her booty to the DJ. And then there were these two other gals who were dancing so furiously (I don’t know why, the music wasn’t that fast-paced) and they were literally bumping in to everyone around them. Randy and I were so ready to be like, “Will you please calm down? You’re all up in our space!” but we didn’t. We’re not squabbers.

Ok, time to get back to work. I keep forgetting I’m here. Which reminds me, did you guys read that article in blogspot about blogging at work? Ha ha ha…hilarious!

No comments: