Monday, September 01, 2003

THE LONG WEEKEND...which isn't over yet but whatever....

so man! i'm SO HAPPY to be be home on a monday morning. i woke up at freakin' 8:42 am though cuz my uncle called asking if i knew how to get to to cabazon. umm, no so i hopped on the net to get directions for him and now i don't wanna go back to bed cuz i know this great day out of work is gonna whiz by. but let's talk about the weekend cuz it's been funfilled for me the whole time...

on friday night i had dinner at islands with my parents and my sister. it was my parents' first time there (even though we live like 45 seconds away from it!) and they were super-impressed with the food. so funny!! and i had fun too cuz now everything at the restaurant means so much more to me now that i've been to hawaii i loved it! and on the way out, i noticed the "Mahalo!" painted on wall and i was like OH MY GOSH! it just never did anything for me before that moment. uy, i miss hawaii...

then iya and bobbers (rochelle) picked me up and we met up at Gitana with riann, joe, edwin, stacy and matt. we sat there, huffed and puffed outta the hookas and discussed all kinds of random stuff (VMA's, iya's 26TH bday-vegas anyone?, etc) and then headed to krispy kreme's cuz some of us had some FUNDraising cards expiring on 8/31 and we wanted to use it up. i still have one more thingy left to punch on the card but it's cool. you get your $10 worth after you buy the first dozen anyhow. and then yeah, as joe mentioned in his blog, we left at like 1:30 am cuz i have the smallest bladder ever. i thought i could hold it for a few more minutes but the cold air wasn't helping so we boned out. iya dropped me off and i briskly walked to my gate and ran to my door, of course then having trouble unlocking it.

...hey random... if anyone happens to be watching tv (especially in the morning) turn to the cbs news, channel 2 and watch out for my old high school classmate tatum wan, she's a reporter!!! how cool is that!

the next morning i got up at 9:30-ish and finished THE RETURN OF THE KING!!! oh it was so good! i can't wait for the 3rd LOTR movie!!! I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T!!! i think i'll watch the first two movies today =). so my parents decided to head to solvang and camarillo that morning. my sister and i were just too damn lazy to be walkin' around good ole' fake denmark, so we stayed home. she worked on her research paper on mars (she's only had 3 DAYS of school and she already has a research assignment due) and i did laundry ALL DAY! i swear you wonder how many people live in this house cuz i folded 5-6 baskets of clothes! leia came over to hang out with me as consolation though. we sat at the kitchen counter for literally 45 min to an hour just looking thru her catalina, hawaii and south america pictures. YOU ALL HAVE TO SEE HER SOUTH AMERICA COVERAGE!!! AWESOME!!!!!! as i folded the laundry, she crocheted her scarf and we were like, "let's watch dvd's! how about something that takes place in hawaii...LILO & STITCH?...nah...OOOH BLUE CRUSH!" so we sat there, watching, reminiscing, crocheting and folding. for dinner my sister, leia and i headed to, where else?...REVOLVING SUSHI! leia's a real trooper when it comes to this place! the girl will drive from all the way from tustin or whitter on a weeknight to eat here. as usual we came outta there stuffed and satisfied! we couldn't breathe from all the sushi we devoured so we decided to hang out at media city center to do an hour of walking. then we went back to my house and watched CHICAGO. sidenote: my biggest fantasy (get your mind outta the gutter joe and edwin)? to sing in a broadway musical. it's too bad you have to have talent to do something like that.

anyhow, sunday morning we went to mass, had lunch with my family, took a nap then i picked up ate tin-tin for our date. we had dinner at islands before we headed to the concert. you people can tease me all you want, but the AMERICAN IDOL 2 concert (yes, we went to go see clay and ruben and the gang) was fun as hell! those people can SING! the circumstances may be corny (or ANG PAKA-MAIS as jhoette would say) but they were all really good last night. ate and i already knew that our favorite clay and ruben, kimberley and trenyce could sing on the show but DUDE, we all know seeing someone perform live makes them sound like 10 times better. ate and i were very impressed with all 9 of them (josh, corey clark and that punkish chick vanessa weren't there). even julia damato, who i thought was just a nervous wreck on the show everytime she performed by herself was good. i guess performing in concert for 2 months built her confidence. it was the last concert of their 40-city tour so the evening was chock-full of thank-yous and that extra bit of energy. they sang mostly covers. clay and ruben sang a song each from their first albums due out this fall. can i just tell you that i have never seen so many adults at a concert that you'd THINK would be for youngens? i mean, we've all seen a bunch of kids with their moms and dads at *NSYNC concerts and you KNOW they're there to chaperone. but we saw freakin' 40 year old men and women HOWLING when their favorite idols sang...and they were there without kids! this whole row in front of me and ate were like 50 year olds! and then this lady next to me was like biggest ruben, clay and kimberley locke fan ever. HILARIOUS! ate and i were screaming and clapping the whole night it was so fun! say what you must to me, but they were really good last night. i honestly wasn't expecting too much, wondering how they could put a concert together. but it was really good, a really fun time!!! it made me miss my boys (*NSYNC) though, but don't even get me started on this or i'll get sad.

until later...

No comments: