Thursday, September 11, 2003

Migraines

oh man, i have the biggest mother of a migraine right now. it's a real wonder i can even sit up and type it hurts so bad! i've been suffering thru this condition all day, debating for 6 hours whether i should ask to go home early or tough it out. but there was so much crap to get done that i didn't get the chance to be a baby and whine that i felt like throwing up right there by the fax machines.

i KNEW this day was gonna suck when i woke up at 8:09 when work starts at 8:30 and i needed 10 minutes to get there! i took a quick shower and got dressed, not having any time at all to even blowdry my hair and YOU KNOW that when my hair isn't fixed my day isn't going to be good. i took a claw to hold my hair back, which proved useless after an hour and half or so when my hair was completely dry and the claw no longer supported the shorter layers. aaaaaahhhhh!!!! and then the biggest kind of headache hit me at about 9:15 and even the motrin was no help.

so when i got home, i took a more satisfying shower, hoping it would ease the head a little bit, got dressed and read another 40 pages of harry potter. but after dinner i was like, AAAACK I WANNA THROW UP! but i don't do the throw-up deal. i hate it. so i lay down in bed, attempting a little peace of mind, which was hard cuz my sister was cackling away on the phone AND typing like a monster on the computer chatting online as well.

ME: dude, don't you have a vocabulary test tomorrow?"
TIN: i already studied
(continues to cackle and type)

waaaaahhhhh...so my mom comes upstairs and tells me to put the icepack on the back of my neck (it's too cold, i say). she massages vicks on my forehead (why do my parents love vicks?) and then says, "gusto mo mag-suka? sayang wala tayong 7up no?"...for the tagalog imparied: "you feel like throwing up? it's too bad we don't have any 7up huh?" oh mom...

and then i remembered what today was so i tell myself to shut up and suck it up.

No comments: