Wednesday, June 18, 2008

showstopper [shoh-stop-er]
performer or performance that wins enthusiastic or prolonged applause; a spectacularly arresting or appealing person or thing;

Of all the randomest concerts to attend - Making the Band. I know, I know, what am I 16? But what can I say? The show was addicting, to say the least. I got so unbelievably into it when it was on the last 2 seasons. And I don't think it helped that I had buddies helping to feed the fire.

Anyhoo, the concert opened with Cheri Dennis. Poor girl...before Danity Kane was even Danity Kane, they were practicing Cheri Dennis songs for crying out loud and now she's opening for them? Yikes!
Donnie Klang - couldn't figure out what his sound would be until the show was almost done with its season. Diddy had him team up with the producer, Seven, and now I believe he's going for the Prince sound.
There's one song he recorded during the show that Riann is just not fond of. "Dr. Love is not what's up." Haha!
And then the newly-formed Day26 came on. They sounded awesome, performed great and man, do I have a crush on Willie! He's the one who's ummm, wearing his shirt around his waist. Hahaha!!!
The headliner was, of course, Danity Kane, introduced by none other than Sean P. Diddy Combs. I never thought I'd be so ecstatic about Diddy! Anyhoo, the girls have improved a great deal since they were formed 2 years ago. That song Damaged, I tell you; they could've sang that a dozen more times and the audience probably would've sang their hearts out all twelve times!
Their tourbus was parked right outside. Oh those stalking the tourbus days with *NSYNC...how I will cherish those memories. There was a long line in the lobby because for $25 you could take a picture with the performers. That's one expensive picture...so we passed.
Good times, girls!!! I had so much fun! Let me know when rehearsals (read: karaoke) will commence. =)

No comments: