Monday, June 30, 2008

asinine [as-uh-nahyn]
foolish, unintelligent, or silly; stupid; of or like an ass
Synonyms include: absurd, dense, idiotic, imbecilic, inept, lamebrained, mindless, senseless

“What a bitch.”
Oh no he didn’t.
“She looks like she eats a lot too. Look at all that food.”
You’re just mad cuz you asked for my fries and I said ‘No.’
“And she’s mean.”
Cuz you’re annoying jerks.
“If you’re gonna be mean, at least be hot.”
Is that another unwritten rule guys have that we don’t know about?
“She’s fat and ugly so she has no right be mean.”
What are you, 10?! FYI, you're not that great-looking yourself.
“She’s Filipino too. Isn’t she supposed to be nice?”
What the hell does that have to do with it?

This was the conversation that my mind had with the two losers sitting in the next table at the Pyramid CafĂ© (There was a 3rd guy who didn’t say a word. Bless him for being embarrassed for his friends.). When they got to their table, they saw Riann asleep in the booth and me sitting there on my phone, and thought it’d be cute to harass us at 3:30 in the morning. This one guy kept looking at us, waiting for one of us to say something to him maybe? I don’t know. But when Riann could barely sit up, I asked Jamie to take her upstairs and said that I’d just pack up our food (which was barely touched), pay the check and we’d eat in the morning.

So I sat there, waiting for the server so I could ask for some boxes and the bill, and I looked up to see the annoying guy looking at me again.
“Excuse me, can we have your fries?”
“No, I’ve barely touched it,” I said. “I’m gonna pack it up and eat it tomorrow.”
“But it’ll be soggy tomorrow.”
Seriously, am I having this conversation with you?
“It doesn’t matter,” I said.
“Ok fine,” he replied, like I just denied him entrance into Disneyland for handing me a movie stub as a ticket.

Not one minute later, I happen to look in his direction to try to catch the server’s attention and he’s looking at me again.
“Can I help you with something?” I snapped.
“No,” he snapped back.

And then the conversation up top began. Oh my goodness, are you freaking kidding me? You’re doing the whole talking shit about me to each other so I could overhear it and you’re hoping I’ll finally give you the attention that you’ve been craving for the last 20 minutes? I sat there and listened, annoyed but amused, until I got the check and packed up our food. Did I want to go up to them and say something before I left? Hell yeah (which is so unlike me but anyway). Did I, though? No. I knew better.

I told Jamie what happened when I got back to the room, and she asked if I was ok, reminded me it’s not worth my time to give their insults a second thought and so I let it go. It’s just the first time I’ve ever been indirectly, but really directly, and purposefully insulted by a stranger like that and I’m not going to lie and say I didn't waste a few minutes letting it get to me because I did. It just fathoms me how people act sometimes. I don't even know what to say about it.

Anyhoo, I thought I'd share that story with you all. This was just a trivial moment lost in the awesome time we had celebrating my cousin's bachelorette party in Vegas. You just can't help but have fun there, especially when you're with such fun people!

4 comments:

Brandon said...

What a bunch of losers.

Ceejay said...

Hi seester!I never comment you.
AHAHA anyway,sounds like some people need to get a life.So pathetic.Jerks!Eff,I hate people:D(bunch of hot messes)..In case they're reading this I just wanted to let you all know that I watched WANTED today and I'm totally going to be an assassin..ive decided.Seriously..My target will be(in Ate Riann's famous words) "duuuumb and stuuupid" people. Do not mess with a Bautista Gonda! WHAT?! WHAT?!..WHAT?!I am 5"2 and 120 pounds of SerriOUs!......fierce...HA that was so fun. ok bye ttyl

Anna Mari said...

Ew. Pricks! people like that need to be wiped out from the face of the earth. dude seriously, over mother effing french fries? remember how you asked me what it would be like to punch someone in the face...haha...that should have been your moment. haha

Anonymous said...

omg! why didn't you call me? you know i would have been there in a second to bash their ugly faces in for you. definitely not worth your time. they're obviously got brains the size of their d**ks!