Tuesday, June 17, 2008

season [see-zuhn]
a period of the year characterized by particular conditions of weather, temperature; period of the year when something is best or available; to mature, ripen, or condition by exposure to suitable conditions or treatment
Synonyms include: period, time, prepare, refine, mature

I had a dream last night: I fell asleep watching Game 6 and woke up to Iya's frantic texting. "They're up by 23 can you believe it?!" one text said. "We're gonna have a Game 7, oh my gosh!" read another one. But just like that, the real alarm sounded and it was time for me to quit dreaming, get up and see what kind of hell lay ahead.

What lay ahead was the end of the season for our boys in purple and gold. I can't say it doesn't hurt, because it does. But for some reason, I'm not angry or disappointed. It just wasn't our time tonight. Boston's been waiting a long time...KG, Pierce, Allen - They've been waiting a long time too. They've been prepping all year and here they are now - champions. I've never hated the Celtics, even in this series. I had a lot of complaints, but I have those about every team in the NBA, even the one I require a support system to be a fan of. =)

Yes, I wish the Lakers played better. I wish they wanted it more than the Celtics. But I'll be damned if I don't say how excited I am for next season. What they accomplished these past 3-4 months has been nothing short of amazing. I can't imagine what they'll be like next season with a healthy and complete roster; and having an MVP doesn't hurt. Ok fine, maybe a roster minus one whose name I shall not reveal. He knows who he is. Anyhoo, congrats, Celtics!

CONGRATS, LAKERS! This season, you made us all stick it out with you. We got this next year - BEST BELIEVE!

No comments: