Sunday, December 30, 2007

slumber [sluhm-ber]
to be in a state of inactivity, negligence, quiescence, or calm; to spend or pass (time) in slumbering
Synonyms include: sleep, dormancy, doze, lethargy

For quite a number of years now, Cile, Iya, Rochelle and I have had our own Christmas celebration. There were times we went out to dinner and then exchanged presents after. And in the past 2 years, in place of buying each other gifts, we spent the morning at a spa and then hung out for the rest of the day. This year Iya suggested that we do something different, something that didn't require a lot of money or a lot of hassle, so we had ourselves a good ol' slumber party.

My parents and my sister were in San Diego for Tin's basketball tournament so the girls and I had a sleepover at my empty house. We wanted to test out my new panini press and cook dinner at my house on Friday night, stay up to watch movies and talk all night and then cook breakfast on Saturday morning. Well, that was the plan anyhow. And just for fun, I suggested that the dress code for the evening should be college hoodie and pajama pants. Haha!
On Friday night we ended up ixnaying the do-it-yourself panini dinner and opted for BJ's instead. We DID rent movies though (Thanks, Bobbers!): SHAG, Friends With Money (which Rochelle thought was called Friends With Benefits) and The Waitress. After we got dressed, Iya gave us our gifts. Cile was opening her present, all angry like, "Dammit, we said we weren't gonna buy each other gifts and you...OH MY GOD I LOVE IT!!! THANK YOU!" hahaha! Iya got us slippers! LOOK HOW CUTE!!! So after taking a bunch of pictures, we had some coffee and dessert and then finally got around to watching our rentals. Well, we took turns watching anyway. Apparently we also wanted to sleep in shifts that night. Hahaha! None of us saw a movie in its entirety. We were tired at 11:30 for sobbing out loud! Old ladies...hahaha!

My living room was hilarious! We moved the coffee table to make room for Cile's air mattress for her and Bobbers and Iya and I took to the couches for the night. The next morning we all woke up, debating our need to get up, and then contemplated breakfast. We were supposed to cook, remember? We ended up at Max's in our sweatshirts! hahaha! I swear, they all must've thought we were home visiting from school for the weekend. hahaha! Cile's treat yay!

After breakfast, and a stop at Porto's, we went back to my house, changed back into our jammies, finished watching The Waitress and then took another nap before we had to say good-bye. I honestly couldn't have hoped for a better way to spend some QT with 3 of my favorite people! LOVE YOU GIRLS!!!

1 comment:

cecile marie said...

i love those fucken bunny slippers!