Tuesday, December 25, 2007

tidings [tahy-dingz]
news, information, or intelligence; A piece of information or news
Synonyms include: bulletin, information, message

"Good tidings we bring, to you and your kin. Good tidings for Christmas and a Happy New Year!" What tidings? Tidings of a sophomore center for the Los Angeles Lakers rising up to the challenge, that's what!! WHAT! WHAT!
My Tita Mila's boss has season tickets to Staples Center events and my aunt just so happened to get these sweet tickets for a Christmas day basketball game. Unable to go herself, however, she called our house this morning to offer it to us. Leave it to me and my dad to ditch my mom and my sister on Christmas day to watch a Laker game. HAHAHA!
These weren't just seats. They were VIP Suite seats. We got to park in Lot 1 for free. We got plush doggies wearing purple Laker scarves upon our entrance for free. My aunt's boss and his family and some of his friends were in the suite with us and they totally shared their food with us. I don't know how Luxury suites work at Staples center, but Dr. Gil's (my aunt's boss) family picture was hanging on the wall, in addition to a huge picture of Kobe carrying his 4-year old son! The view was perfect. I finally used the digital camera binoculars that I won at my office holiday party last year. The pictures aren't 5.0 megapixels or anything, but still! Binoculars with a digicam?! What an exciting game!!! The lead changed a few times and, for me, no team played better than the other. Every single time the Lakers got a 5-point lead, the Suns would shoot it down with a 3-pointer on the other side. I'm not EVEN gonna front like they suck. It was anyone's game really...except tonight it was ours for the taking. =)
I don't know what was more hilarious; the "PHOE-NIX SUCKS!" chant or the guy who screamed, "Go back to Canada!" when Steve Nash was on the freethrow line. hahaha! I'm not a Phoenix hater (as much as I was a Sacramento Kings hater....when they were good enough to hate that is), but I'm a Laker fan first and today was one of the best Christmas presents I could ever get: 2-0 against Phoenix. DAAAAAAAAMN!
The season isn't even at the halfway point yet but I am feeling good about these guys. D-Fish is back, there is production from other guys who aren't named Kobe, and the bench mob is crazy dependable. This is no longer a 1-man OR 2-man team and I'm so excited!!! WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!

2 comments:

lil jay said...

Sweet pics!!! I'm so jealous...

I'm trying not to get too excited just yet about this squad. Remember, they were 23 - 10 last year around this same time....

But as far as no team played better than the other, the Lakers played better, THEY WON!!! ha ha ha. :)

Merry Christmas to YOU!!! What a way to celebrate!

ANNA said...

i know i know, i remember last year too. i wanna be just a little excited though cuz the pessimistic thing isn't fun. =/

i wish the bench produced as much as they have been lately, but it's all good. man, does jordan have the eye for assists or what!

hahaha, ok fine the Lakers outplayed them. i'm just trying to be nice. it was Christmas day. hahaha!