Tuesday, January 01, 2008

horizon [huh-rahy-zuhn]
the line or circle that forms the apparent boundary between earth and sky; the limit or range of perception, knowledge, or the like.
Synonyms include: border, boundary, limit, extent


The brink of each new year always leaves me wondering if I should spend time reflecting on the past or take a moment to look forward to the near future. 2007 was a notable year, not only for me but for everyone around me. And whether I awoke each morning to experience pure elation or seemingly unbearable misery, I lay down each night an altered individual, wiser than I was the day before...at least I hope I did.

Halfway through the year, I was ready to show 2007 its way out and welcome 2008 in. We often seek that point to begin anew when we're struggling to make sense of the nonsense of the present. It's funny how we look to the future to start over when NOW is so much closer.

Well, that new beginning and NOW have finally intersected on this first day of the new year. So what happens next? Next we take what 2007 gave and open up to what 2008 has to offer. From what I can already see, we'll be swimming in the abundance of it all this time next year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your positive thinking! :)

A highlight of 2007: Meeting each other! YEY!!!

Happy new year Anna girl!

ANNA said...

yes! that's totally one of my favorite 2007 highlights, toni! =)