Tuesday, September 13, 2005

ONE HELLO KITTY BACKPACK

When my sister and my cousins are bored, they take silly pictures. I've teased mercilessly them about this. "You guys are such dorks, I swear!" This past Sunday afternoon, however, I just couldn't resist. The pictures speak for themselves.

My Tita Cecile, who's the director for the Saint Vincent de Paul Society, had a home visit that day and asked if we had any school supplies we could donate to a family who had a little 5-year old daughter starting school this year. I looked into our closet and found this brand new Hello Kitty backpack that my sister got a long time ago for her birthday. If you've met Tin, even at 8 years old, you'll know that Sanrio was never her steeze. So that bag sat in one of our storage bins for years because we didn't want to give it away, thinking that possibly one day, we could use it randomly for a trip to the park or the beach. Apparently we were holding on to it for a better reason - to help a little girl start her education and to HELP OUR LOSER SELVES GET DUMB ONE SUNDAY AFTERNOON!

No comments: