Wednesday, June 09, 2004

SWEET RELIEF

In the words of Tupac, “I GOTTA SAY IT WAS A GOOD DAY.” That’s what I wanted to chant before I went to bed last night. Good days are so rare sometimes that you have to savor the few that are given to you. I finished my accounting final at 9:20 pm last night and I can’t tell you how happy I am…LIKE I CAN’T TELL YOU! All day yesterday I was pretty panicky, but I managed to steal some moments at work here and there to peek at notes, trying to re-familiarize myself with material I haven’t looked at since March. It was a cumulative final, 9 chapters of inventory systems, stocks, bonds, long-term/short-term assets, long-term/short-term liabilities and every type of financial statement you could think of. Anyone need me to figure out their working capital? Net income? Ha ha ha…ask me in a few months because I just don’t want to think about any of that for awhile. Man I forgot what it felt like to finish a final. I used to feel that sense of relief at least 3 times a year during college (December, March and June to be exact) and I love it! The completion of something - what a great feeling!

And to think that was only PART of what made me smile yesterday. THE LAKERS WON! (They should’ve won game 1, but that’s over and done with so I won’t dwell). I’m so mad I didn’t get to see it, but Matt was nice enough to text me at halftime and after the game. The first thing I did when I handed in my final was look at my phone and I saw it, LAKERS WIN! WOOOO HOOOO! (Thanks cuz!) Then I got to vent about the final to Iya on my way home (Thanks friend!). When I got home, I watched the recap with my dad and saw how 40 seconds was enough time for Detroit to lose a 6 point lead, how Kobe sank that 3 with Hamilton’s hand all up in his face and how Luke Walton, our rookie, put up some numbers to aid our team to victory. So proud of Luke and Kareem (who I fondly call Krush. K Rush, get it? Ha ha ha…)! You go boys! Karl and Gary who? I’m disappointed in those guys, but I won’t get into it for fear Joe will go off (although I see your point, homie).

And then, to make the evening even better, my printer didn’t print out pink-shaded pictures anymore! I’ve been fighting with this dang printer since Jhoette left (May HELLO!). But I put in a brand spankin’ new ink cartridge and that did the trick (I swear I tried that before and is still printed the pictures with pink people but it doesn’t matter now). Anyhow, I was wide awake to work on Carlo’s (ok fine, Khahloh’s) album last night because he’s leaving for the Philippines tonight. I’ll let you know how that goes after tonight…

More news on the weekend to come. It was funfilled to say the least!

No comments: